CUNITECH Institute Partners with WiCyS from The University of Windsor to Provide Cybersecurity Courses to Their Student Chapter
Ottawa, ON, July 30, 2021 – CUNITECH Institute, a brand of CUNITECH, Inc., that provides cutting-edge digital education, is pleased to announce a new educational partnership with the University of Windsor’s Student Chapter Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS). Through this educational partnership, the students will gain exclusive access to the CUNITECH Institute platform and be subjected to a wide range of immersive cybersecurity online courses that will qualify the students for entry-level cybersecurity positions, and help them develop the necessary soft and technical skills that the industry requires.
As part of this educational partnership, the WiCyS Student Chapter at the University of Windsor will receive a professional collection of cybersecurity online courses developed by the CUNITECH Institute team of professionals to enable individuals to expand their professional skills in the ever-changing cybersecurity environment. Moreover, through this partnership and the engaging curriculum delivered by CUNITECH Institute in its learning management system, the WiCyS will:
- Enhance their knowledge on the significance of cybersecurity in the modern era,
- Comprehend the most important mechanisms and processes for protecting information and digital assets,
- Emphasize the importance of cybersecurity awareness as a preventive apparatus for reducing the risk of data breaches and cyber-attacks,
- Understand the importance of ensuring compliance with the already established standards and regulations,
- Learn to evaluate the security of web and mobile applications through the use of various testing environments,
- Critically evaluate the security mechanisms that organizations utilize to adhere to the most prominent cybersecurity practices.
The online courses that CUNITECH Institute provides for the WiCyS Student Chapter of the University of Windsor encompass a wide range of the most popular cybersecurity areas, and are accredited by the leading institute concerned with continuing professional development in the United Kingdom which is the Institute of Continuing Professional Development. The students will be able to select from the collection of CPD-certified cybersecurity online courses, starting from the essentials of cybersecurity and the modern risk management implications, up to the more complex subjects such as web and mobile application security testing. The collection of online courses that will be provided to the students of the University of Windsor include:
- Certificate Program: Cybersecurity Essentials
- Certificate in Cybersecurity Management
- Certificate in Web App. Penetration Testing
- Certified Cybersecurity Analyst
- Web Application Security Testing with Burp Suite
- Certified CyberSafe Implementer
- Mobile Application Penetration Testing of Android Applications
- Cybersecurity Strategy and Risk Management
- Certificate in Information Technology Management
At CUNITECH Institute, we strive to keep up with the latest trends and our goal is to offer education on cutting-edge technologies in the fields of cybersecurity, pen-testing, and software testing. Faton Aliu, Founder and CEO at CUNITECH regarding this educational partnership said: “This collaboration provides a massive opportunity for young professionals to become acquainted with the cybersecurity industry, and gain a comprehensive knowledge that will be later translated into professional qualification.”
About CUNITECH Institute
CUNITECH Institute is a brand of CUNITECH, Inc., a Canadian provider of Cybersecurity, Accredited Software Testing, and Digital Education. Located in Ottawa, Ontario, CUNITECH’s Software Testing Laboratory is one of the first laboratories globally accredited by the American International Accreditation Service (IAS) with a rigorous standard such as ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 to perform software quality evaluation. To ensure a high level of current best-practices knowledge and high visibility in the cybersecurity and software testing industry, CUNITECH maintains affiliations with many industry organizations such as: Fortinet, Acunetix, RedLegg, TechAcord, PECB, Masergy, IAS. In addition, CUNITECH Institute is a member of The CPD Certification Service by providing recognized independent CPD accreditation courses compatible with global CPD principles.
More info about CUNITECH Institute here: https://institute.fatona.sg-host.com/
About the University of Windsor’s Student Chapter Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS)
The University of Windsor’s Student Chapter Women in Cybersecurity is Canada’s first Women in Cybersecurity Student Chapter. The vision of this student chapter is to build a Cyber-Tech community in Windsor, and aim to empower and engage women in cybersecurity. Its mission is to provide opportunities for women to learn and receive hands-on experience in cybersecurity. The goal of WiCyS is to spread awareness about cybersecurity in Windsor-Essex through providing activities such as workshops, mentorship, learning series, industry connections, competitions, and community meetups.
More info about the University of Windsor’s Student Chapter Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) here: https://wicyswindsor.wordpress.com/